The technical delivery and acceptance of the 2nd Stage of the gas pipeline Lwówek – Odolanów connecting the gas transmission nodes Krobia and Odolanów has been completed.
The entire gas pipeline DN 1000 Lwówek – Odolanów, with a length of 168 km, is an important part of the international North-South Gas Corridor. It also constitutes the final element of the main line connecting the LNG terminal in Świnoujście with the Underground Gas Storage Facilities in Wierzchowice and Mogilno.
The gas pipeline is located in the territory of 19 municipalities in the Wielkopolskie and Dolnośląskie voivodeships.
The investment is executed in two phases:
• Phase I involves a connection between the Lwówek, Kotowo and Krobia nodes (approx. 114 km);
• Phase II involves a connection between the Krobia and Odolanów nodes (approx. 54 km).
The acceptances have been completed for:
• 54 km of the pipeline DN 1000 along with the fibre optic line,
• the in-line shut off and relief valve system in Zduny with bypass systems equipped with manifolds for connecting new stations and final users,
• the remodelling of the gas transmission node in Odolanów along with the pig launcher and receiver and with the supporting infrastructure at the Odolanów node.
Works are currently under way to commission and fill up the new infrastructure. The operational commissioning and obtaining operating licences for the sections located in the Wielkopolskie and Dolnośląskie voivodeships are scheduled for 22 August this year. The completion of the investment project is scheduled for 30 August 2018.
The project has been funded from the European Regional Development Fund for the development of the design documentation (under the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment
2007—2013) and for the implementation of construction works (under the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020).