What goes on in Poland on the 4th of November.
Polish energy projects on EU’s PCI list
The European Commission has adopted the fourth list of Common Interest Projects (PCI) regarding cross-border energy infrastructure. It also included Polish projects meant to diversify sources of oil and gas supplies.
In the press release, the European Commission pointed out that the published list is of particular importance for the Energy Union and that it carefully balances the three main objectives: sustainability, affordability and security of supply.
Based on the regulation on the Trans-European Energy Network (TEN), the European Commission identifies the most important energy projects on a European Union scale, regarding smart grids, gas pipelines and oil pipelines. Thanks to this, they will be able to benefit from simplified procedures and the right to apply for EU funds from the Connecting Europe Facility.
To such projects, the Commission included projects supported by Poland:
– construction of the Baltic Pipe gas pipeline,
– construction of the Poland-Lithuania gas pipeline,
– construction of the Poland-Slovakia gas pipeline,
– construction of the eastern line of the North-South Corridor,
– LNG terminal in Gdańsk,
– construction of the Adamowo-Brody oil pipeline.