The Baltic Pipe Project has been granted the subsidy for construction works under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) by the European Commission. The maximum allocated support amounts to nearly EUR 215 million. This decision emphasizes the significance of the project for the creation of the European gas market and strengthening the security of supply in the region.
The European Commission’s decision to grant GAZ-SYSTEM with financial assistance for the Baltic Pipe Project for the action titled “Construction works for the PCI infrastructure cluster 8.3″ was approved by the EU Member States on 23 January 2019. The subsidy was granted as part of the CEF Energy second grant competition conducted in 2018.
The subsidy will be allocated for the execution of construction works for the following elements of the project:
– the offshore pipeline connecting Poland and Denmark,
– the onshore gas pipeline connecting the offshore pipeline with the national transmission system (and the receiving terminal),
– the onshore Goleniów – Lwówek pipeline,
– the compressor station in Goleniów,
– the compressor station in Odolanów.
The Baltic Pipe Project already received financial support under the CEF three times – in 2015, 2017 and 2018. The grant awarded so far amounts to a maximum of €51.8 million and covers the actions such as development of the feasibility study and the engineering works until obtaining all the necessary administrative permits for both the offshore gas pipeline construction and the development of the national transmission infrastructure in Poland and Denmark.
The “Connecting Europe Facility” is a key EU instrument for promoting economic growth, employment and competitiveness, aimed, among others, at enhancing Europe’s energy security.
– We have reached another important stage of the investment. The amount of the grant is in line with our application. Thus, the European Commission recognises all our arguments indicating the importance of the Baltic Pipe Project for the entire European Union and the region – said Tomasz Stępień, President of GAZ-SYSTEM.